We’ve rebuilt our web presence from the ground up, focusing our efforts on three goals:
- Provide timely, useful information about A&S hardware, software, and technology resources.
- Create straightforward processes for initiating new projects and requesting services, rooms, software, and equipment.
- Clarify for our users which services and products we offer and our role in the University’s technology ecosystem so that they can find what they need more quickly.
As we developed new site navigation and content around those three goals, we surveyed College faculty and staff to find out what kind of technology-related information would help them be more effective at their jobs and how they would like to receive that information.
We reviewed feedback and analytics data collected from our old website and the College website.
We also explored other IT-related sites at The University of Alabama to identify campus resources as well as areas where more information was needed. We reviewed other universities’ IT websites to gather ideas for meeting those needs.
We’ll continue all of those information-gathering activities as we expand and refine our site, and we invite you to call or email us with feedback on this website or any other aspect of our services: email@example.com.
Here’s a quick tour of our site’s features:
- The A&S Personnel Form provides a single location for departments to request changes in building, server, and email access for new, current, and departing employees.
- Our Project Initiation Form offers a simple way to start a project with predict our Web Services team, whether that project is designing a website, creating a custom web application, or solving a website problem.
- Front and center on our home page are four round icons offering quick access to commonly requested services and information.
- eTech staff members will post to our News & Tips page regularly on a wide range of technology topics.
- The teaching resources page provides links to materials on active learning, assessment, teaching with technology, and more.