For information concerning Cisco AnyConnect installation, visit https://oit.ua.edu/service/vpn/.
- Navigate to and click on the ‘Cisco AnyConnect’ VPN icon.
- Select “campus” from the dropdown box and click “Connect.”
- Enter your myBama username and password.
- Enter into the second password field either a DUO code from your DUO app or type “push” to receive a push notification. Once you have entered the code or typed “push,” click OK.
- Once connected, go to the finder. Hit “Command+K” to bring up the “Connect to Server” window. (You can also select “Connect to Server” from the “Go” dropdown menu.) Enter the path to the network drive: “smb://asfs.asnet.ua-net.ua.edu” and click “Connect.”
- Enter the domain, followed by your myBama username and password, and click “Connect” to mount the network drive. If your myBama credentials don’t work, enter “ua-net\” before your username and retry.
- The drive will now appear on your desktop and in the Finder window sidebar.
- Locate the UA symbol in the system tray.
- Click on the UA symbol and “Connect” to the campus VPN.
- Enter your myBama credentials in the password screen. In the “Second Password” field, type “push” or enter a passcode from the DUO app. If you type “push,” it will prompt DUO to send a push notification to your DUO-registered device. You will need an active DUO account to obtain the VPN access.
- Press Windows key + R to bring up RUn window.
- Type the following into the open field to connect to your H: Drive (personal drive): \\asfs.ua-net.ua.edu\users\home\”your username here” (Replace text in quotes with your myBama username)
- Type the following into the open field to connect to the S: Drive (Departmental Share): \\asfs.ua-net.ua.edu\share\
- Follow the instructions, logging in with your myBama credentials. If your myBama credentials don’t work, enter “ua-net\” before your username and retry.