To request a department email and/or calendar account that is linked to an entity rather than to an employee (such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), complete the IT service desk’s AD/Exchange Account Request Form.
Do the following to complete the form:
- Under “Select AD/Exchange account type to populate a form,” click on the arrow and select “Generic” (Department, etc.)
- Enter required information to create a generic department Exchange account
- Under “Email” box, type in the preferred email address (example: BSC248firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter the preferred login username under the “Preferred Account ID” box (example: BSC248-100, arboretum, or orgchem)
- Select an account type
- Add the purpose of the department email account
- If you need a calendar for a department email account, include your request under the “Purpose” box.
- Make sure you include the name and email address of the faculty or staff person who will be using and/or maintaining this email account in the “Purpose” box.