This page is for faculty, instructors, and staff who would like to reserve a multimedia room for an event (i.e., club meetings, workshops, guest speakers, etc.). Each department is responsible for scheduling space for semester courses and final exams using the University of Alabama ASTRA system. For more information on how the scheduling process works, feel free to contact your department chair or department main office, or view the UA Registrar tutorials.
When faculty, instructors, or staff want to make event reservations for rooms that are not controlled by their department or for events that include non-UA organizations, they need to make these requests through eTech. When requesting rooms, the following should be kept in mind:
- All rooms/buildings close promptly at 9:00 p.m.
- Room reservations are granted based on availability and on a first-come, first-served basis. Please make your request at least 2 WEEKS before the day of the event.
- Equipment, chairs, and tables must be put back exactly as they were arranged when the group arrived.
- If whiteboards are used, they should be wiped at the close of the meeting.
- Equipment used during the meetings should be turned off at the end of the session.
- Doors to the rooms should be locked after the meeting – especially if the meeting takes place after hours.
- For security reasons, eTech cannot check out keys to individuals. Instead, eTech will arrange for someone to unlock and lock the doors before and after the meeting takes place. Therefore, it is important to make reservations for events that occur after normal business hours or during weekends at least two (2) weeks in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- It is important for these meetings to begin and end at the prearranged times. If the designated group does not arrive at the room within 30 minutes of the stated reservation time, the room will be relocked and the eTech person will leave the location.
- The individual or group reserving the room is responsible for the room while it is in their possession. Those responsible will be charged for the cost of repairing any damages that may occur during this time.
- Individuals and/or groups that do not follow the room reservation policy risk being denied future use of A&S-controlled rooms.
- Student organizations must have faculty representatives who are included on the reservations and who will be present and responsible for these groups during the events.
In order to request use of an A&S-controlled room for an event such as the ones described above, faculty, instructors, and staff should go to the eTech website room reservation page. Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee a room reservation. If a request is approved, then someone from the eTech office will contact the individual to let him or her know.