The computer labs are intended for academic use. During open lab hours, talking should be kept to a minimum and patrons should use a low tone of voice. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave. In some cases, a patron may be banned from using the Arts and Sciences computer labs. If necessary, campus police will be contacted to attend to unruly patrons.
- The use of cell phones inside the labs is strictly prohibited. Cell phones and other electronic devices should be set to silent or vibrate.
- Personal property should not be left in the computer lab(s) for any amount of time. The College of Arts and Sciences and its employees cannot be held liable for any damage or missing personal property.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the labs.
- The use of drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco products inside the labs is strictly prohibited.
- Lab-monitor stations and phones are reserved for use by lab assistants employed by the College of Arts and Sciences.
- It is the sole responsibility of the lab assistants to communicate lab closings.
- Please do not place communication materials (flyers, lab hours, seating arrangements, or other class-related items) on the walls or doors without prior permission from the lab manager of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Only classes or events with the intention of using the computers should request the use of a computer lab. Classrooms and other event areas are available for booking using the Room Reservation Tools. If a class or event has multiple lab reservations and is found that the computers where not used, all future request/reservations will be cancelled or moved to a classroom without further explanation.
- All lab reservations must be requested using the Computer Lab Reservation tool. Short-term lab reservations (from one to three sessions) must be made at least one week ahead of the first requested session. Semester-long reservations require a minimum of a one month notice.
- Groups/classes must have a reservation in order to be admitted, or they will be asked to leave the lab area.
- Personal laptops may not be hooked up to the lab network except at the laptop-dedicated ports of a labs media station.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18.
Report any problems to the lab assistants or email firstname.lastname@example.org